8:30AM – 12:00PM
WALKING THE TIGHTROPE IN CLINICAL RESEARCH: IMPLEMENTING ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS WITHIN YOUR EMR
*There will be a 30-minute break during this session.
Candida Barlow, MSN, RN, Director of Clinical Research, ST. JOHN CLINICAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Susie Owenby, RN, CCRP, Clinical Research Manager, CENTER FOR BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH
Tracy Popp, MBA, CRCP, CCRP, Director of Research Financial Operations, NORTON HEALTHCARE
Debbi Gilad, J.D., Director, Office of Research, BON SECOURS HEALTH SYSTEM, INC.
Theresa "Terry" Stone, BBA, Director, Clinical Trials Office, BOSTON MEDICAL CENTER
Integrating a CTMS into an already busy workflow can be a daunting task. Developing a plan is key to its success, and obtaining buy-in from all parties is essential to a positive outcome. It’s also important to understand what sites do first and how they work with the systems at hand. Join us for an interactive session on CTMS/EHR process flows and integration.
- Address how to be compliant with study information in your EHR while maintaining transparency and patient safety standards
- Implement an electronic research administration system to help manage your review and approval processes prior to starting the research, and maintain inventory of studies with the ability to generate reports
- Understand that access to portfolios in research enhances the ability of research administrators to effectively and timely inform senior leaders of problems
- Recognize that a revenue cycle impacts an institution’s bottom line — and that you can build systems that help with the claims for billing process
- Study the administrative research management systems in use and how they work