Sponsor/Exhibitor – Terms and Conditions
1) Payment terms – The agreed upon fee for conference services is non-refundable.Payment is due within 30 business days of invoice. If the conference is occurring in 30 days or less from the invoice date, payment is due as soon as possible and is required in full before the contracted conference commences on designated date. Once signed, this agreement is non-cancellable by the sponsor/exhibitor, however if the conference is canceled by ExL Events, Inc. (DBA “ExL Pharma”) for any reason outside of covnants contained in Section 9 (listed below), the sponsor/exhibitor will receive its choice of a refund or a full credit to another event.
2) Acceptable Use of Space – No renting or sharing of space is permitted. ExL Events, Inc. retains the right to have removed from the exhibit any company that has not duly contracted and remitted payment in full with ExL Events, Inc. All sponsor/exhibitor activities must be confined to the limits of rented space and must not impede traffic or interfere with the activities of other sponsors/exhibitors. Every exhibit must be staffed by members of the sponsor/exhibitor and safely operational during the conference. ExL Events, Inc. reserves the right to evict any sponsor/exhibitors, who, because of conduct of personnel, excessive noise, methods of operation or any other reason, detract from the general education and networking of the conference. In the event of eviction, ExL Events, Inc. will not issue a refund.
3) American with Disabilities Act Compliance – Sponsor/Exhibitor shall have sole responsibility for ensuring that it is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and any regulations under the Act. Sponsor/Exhibitor will ensure the accessibility of its exhibit space and agrees to hold harmless and indemnify ExL Events, Inc. against any claims, damages, loss or exposure, including attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of or related to any alleged ADA violation. The designated conference venue shall be responsible for all accessibility requirements and labor accommodation requirements under the ADA relating to the sponsor/exhibit area and attendee facilities.
4) Indemnification – The sponsor/exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless ExL Events, Inc., its officers, directors, employees and members from any and all liability to any person or persons for or by reason of any condition, defect or operation of any apparatus, equipment or fixtures furnished by the sponsor/exhibitor in connection with his/her exhibit. Sponsor/exhibitor further agrees to hold harmless ExL Events, Inc. its officers, directors, employees and members from any and all liability to any person or persons for or by reason of any act or omission of said exhibitor, or any of his/her agents, servants or employees. This indemnity includes, but is not limited to, claims of injury, death or property damage, or of copyright, trademark or patent infringement, and unfair competition or product liability. The sponsor/exhibitor on signing the contract expressly releases ExL Events, Inc. and it’s individuals from any and all claims for such loss, damage or injury. Sponsor/exhibitor assumes entire responsibility and hereby agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless ExL Events, Inc. its officers, directors, employees and members against all claims, losses and damages to persons or property, governmental charges, taxes and/or fines and attorney’s fees arising out of or caused by sponsor/exhibitor’s installation, removal, maintenance, occupancy or use of the designated exhibition premises or part thereof, excluding only such liability caused by the sole negligence of the conference venue, its employees and agents. In addition, sponsor/exhibitor acknowledges that ExL Events, Inc. and the conference venue do not maintain insurance covering such losses by sponsor/exhibitor.
5) Insurance requirements – The sponsor and/or exhibitor shall, at its sole cost and expense procure and maintain through the term of each contract, comprehensive general liability insurance against claims for bodily injury or death and property damage occurring in or upon or resulting from the premises rented by ExL Events, Inc. Such insurance shall include contractual and liability coverage, with combined single limits of liability of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $3,000,000 aggregate. Such insurance shall name ExL Events, Inc. as an additional insured and sponsor/exhibitor shall upon request provide ExL Events, Inc. with certificate so indicating. Workers compensation and any other insurance or required licenses shall be in full compliance with all federal and state laws, covering all sponsor/exhibitor company’s employees engaged in the performance of any work for the exhibitor including employee liability coverage, in a minimum amount of not less than $500,000 of individual and/or aggregate coverage. All property of the exhibitor is understood to remain under its custody and control in transit to and from the confines of the designated exhibit area.
6) Fire and Safety Adherence – Each sponsor/exhibitor is responsible for knowledge of and adherence to all fire and safety codes deriving from the state that the conference venue resides in. All electrical signs and equipment must be wired to meet the specifications of Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and must conform to appropriate federal, state, and municipal codes. Compliance with such laws is mandatory for all sponsor/exhibitors and is the sole responsibility of the sponsor/exhibitor.
7) Security – Sponsor/Exhibitors are responsible for the security of their exhibit, its belongings and its content. Sponsor/Exhibitors are encouraged to budget for and make security arrangements for sensitive or valuable items. ExL Events, Inc. is not responsible for security and/or theft.
8) Conference Attendees and Sponsor/Exhibit Staff – Admission to the conference will be available only to registered attendees and sponsor/exhibit staff of at least 18 years of age. Proof of age may be required to obtain entrance into the conference and designated exhibit area. ExL Events, Inc. makes efforts to attract relevant audiences to its exhibiting areas, but does not guarantee specific volumes of traffic levels.
9) Failure to Hold Conference – Should fire, hurricane, earthquake, flood, strikes, civil disturbance, inclement weather, Acts of God, political, social or union boycott, or any other circumstance beyond the control of ExL Events, Inc. or the designated conference venue make it impossible or impractical to hold the conference at the scheduled time, ExL Events, Inc. the contract is re-assigned to the rescheduled date. ExL may retain the sponsor/exhibit fee and apply those funds towards the rescheduled event and transfer any outstanding monies owed to the resheduled event. If a conference is cancelled, ExL Events, Inc. is not responsible for any airfare, hotel or other costs incurred by sponsor/exhibitor and registrants. In no event shall ExL Events, Inc. be liable for indirect or consequential damages.
10) Amendment of Terms & Conditions – ExL Events, Inc. reserves the right to make changes, amendments and additions to these terms and conditions at any time, and all changes, amendments and additions so made shall be binding on the sponsor/exhibitor with the provision that all sponsor/exhibitors will be advised of any such changes. Any matters not specifically covered herein are subject to decision by ExL Events, Inc.