EXL EVENTS’ VISION
To be the leader and employer of choice in the life science conference industry by creating a transparent and collaborative culture for high performing conference professionals, who are empowered to uphold high standards in the organization and delivery of our events.
High performing conference professionals are those who have the desire, ability, and effort to perform excellent work and consistently deliver exceptional results to our customers and clients. They are people who elevate themselves, their team members, and the company!
Empowerment is having the confidence in your abilities and being motivated to devote your talents to a purpose. Act as if you are a major stakeholder in the success of the project you are working on. Showing the initiative to get things done without being told.
High standards mean implementing and executing all conference tasks to the best of your abilities to create a positive and valuable conference experience for every single customer, whether it is a speaker, media partner, attendee or a sponsor.
Our transparent culture fosters collaboration and holds all team members accountable for their work by sharing pertinent information throughout all channels and levels of the organization as it occurs.
Important Characteristics of ExL Team Members:
Motivated, team-oriented, agile, respectful, humble, effective, competitive, ambitious, honest, detail-oriented, communicative, proactive, energetic.
These characteristics are what we look for in our team members. You either have them or you don’t!
Career opportunities are primarily categorized into the following groups: Conference Production, Marketing, Sponsorship Sales, Delegate “Tele” sales, Meeting Planning and Coordination. Please see below for brief descriptions of each group.
Interested in joining ExL? Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Conference Producer is responsible for researching and developing business-to-business educational conferences covering a range of topic areas relevant to the pharmaceutical, medical device, biotechnology, healthcare and related industries. Job duties include researching content, drafting agendas and recruiting speakers for conferences. This position is also responsible for managing each conference while collaborating with marketing and sales in the pursuit of shared commercialization goals.
- Developing content and overseeing all aspects of a program throughout its entire life cycle
- Conducting in-depth, telephone-based market research to identify potential topics, current news/trends, possible speakers, etc.
- Cultivating solid relationships with industry subject matter experts, thought leaders, speakers, and others
- Analyzing research to develop conference program materials including jumpstart briefs and draft agendas
- Writing comprehensive, market-driven agendas
- Collaborating with colleagues in related departments:
- Marketing: Create strategy, messaging and marketing materials including brochures, websites, and emails
- Sales: Assist in identifying potential sponsors and lead generation opportunities, and develop sales copy
- Traveling to conferences to manage and provide on-site support in a professional, customer service-oriented manner
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Driven to develop successful, profitable conference events
- Strong project management skills and the work ethic needed to proactively lead
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines by employing strong problem-solving and time management skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational and editorial skills
- An aptitude for high-level business communication, in order to liaise with external parties and all levels of staff
- 2-3 years of business experience required
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus, but is not required
Marketing Manager focuses on assisting the overall marketing efforts for each of our events. The successful candidate will work hand-in-hand with conference producers to identify strategies and execute tactics that help maximize the overall potential for each event.
The scope of responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing plans
- Develop, design and execute e-mail and eMarketing initiatives
- Supporting website strategy initiatives by creating promotional banners, implementing video, lead generation, etc.
- Contributing to the consummation of partnerships with media, associations and other groups relevant to our target audiences
- Work and negotiate with vendor groups to support marketing efforts
Business Development Manager is responsible for prospecting, securing and managing conference sponsors and exhibitors. This effort entails:
- Significant outreach to prospective and existing clients to help generate Sponsorship and Exhibit sales
- Ongoing leads being furnished from our internal marketing systems for follow-up
- Secondary market research to help better understand conferences and client needs
- Key account management and maintenance
- Support for production and marketing efforts to ensure successful program execution
- Provide on-site support at conferences for clients when appropriate
Delegate Sales Manager is responsible for securing and managing conference attendee passes. This entails significant outreach to existing and potential clients, and secondary market research. The scope of responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Sales outreach to past attendees and new leads provided internally
- Group sales to past attendees and new leads provided internally
- Initial point of contact for customer service with attendees
- Utilizing opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell
- Oversee communication from invoicing to payment collection
- Ensure attendee records are up to date and have key notes
Meeting planners are responsible for significant outreach to existing and potential venues, market research, supporting production efforts and providing onsite support when appropriate. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- RFP sourcing in various markets and site selection
- Negotiating conference requirements
- Leverage business to drive savings
- Contract negotiation and finalization
- Room block management
- Meeting specifications sent to hotel/ venue contact
- Event Budget Management
- Contracting of related vendors (e.g. A/V, Registration Assistants)
- Prepping meeting onsite teams
- Final bill reconciliation
Conference Coordinator works closely with the production and sales departments to service our external clients and ensure communication throughout the event planning process is consistent. The ideal candidate will be highly efficient, enjoy communicating over the telephone and efficient with working against many deadlines. Coordinators manage multiple conferences each month, so the ability to multi-task is critical. The role may potentially be used as training ground for other positions within the organization. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with speaking groups to ensure that materials are submitted on time and that all speaker requirements are met for events
- Help manage speaker travel and accommodation requirements
- Collaborate with the production teams to ensure that details and logistics are handled
- Collaborate with other ExL colleagues who have responsibilities on conference production, marketing, sales, meeting planning, etc.
- Handle internal and external logistical program correspondence
- Update and communicate timelines to pertinent team members
- Be able to set up email blasts
- Provide weekly program status reports and updates
- Prepare and ship onsite materials to ensure seamless execution of events
- Manage on-site conference details including registration support, exhibit logistics support, liaising with hotel and AV when appropriate
- Confident and accurate manner when dealing with internal/external clients via telephone and email
ExL Events, a division of Questex, LLC, offers competitive salaries in a supportive, team-oriented work environment. Primary work hours are 9-5. Benefits include direct deposit, TransitChek, paid company holidays, bonus eligibility, three weeks vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance options, 401K.
ExL Events, a division of Questex, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.