As the Internet and technology continue to evolve, more and more patients are empowered to take an active role in their own healthcare. Through a number of social media platforms, online communities and mobile applications, patients are becoming their own advocates by sharing and gathering information about their diseases, connecting with physicians to improve outcomes, and consulting with industry experts.
The ePatient Connections 2015 summit focuses on bridging the communication gap between industry leaders and ePatients to establish shared goals in order to enable cross-functional, patient-centric collaboration to improve overall health outcomes and enhance participation in clinical trials. All stakeholders benefit from the consolidation of industry knowledge, patient experience and insights.
Additionally, through multiple case studies and panel sessions, this event offers actionable strategies for industry leaders to communicate and connect with ePatients and ePatient communities in an evolving regulatory landscape.
What’s New For 2015?
- Regulatory Update: Navigate current and future state and federal social media laws, off-label communications, and limitations faced by life science organizations.
- Clinical Trial Focus: Understand the impact of ePatient communities on clinical trial participation and gain best practices for recruitment and retention.
- ePatient Author Panel: Learn from a unique panel of ePatients who have gone from blog to book, publishing their full stories to help inform others about the unexpected turns and valuable lessons of a life-long patient journey.
- ePatient Meetup: Engage in a rare opportunity for the industry to network and connect with ePatients and discuss the needs and key components of ePatient communities.
Top Five Reasons to Attend
- Improve relationships between life science companies and patients and learn industry best practices for sustaining meaningful engagements
- Discuss recruitment strategies and best practices for working with ePatients for clinical trials
- Through case studies, hear real-life examples of how pharma is connecting with patients through social media, telemedicine and other digital platforms
- Understand the current regulatory landscape for communicating and engaging with ePatients by discussing the major challenges faced when interacting with online communities
- Utilize social media trends, telemedicine and other internet resources to empower patients and caregivers to engage in their own healthcare to produce better patient outcomes
Who Should Attend
ePatient Connections 2015 is designed for life science professionals with responsibilities in the following areas:
- Digital Strategy/Marketing
- Patient Experience/Engagement
- Social Media/Media Strategy
- Patient Recruitment/Patient Engagement
- Medical Communications
- Medical Education
- Physician/HCP Marketing
- Product/Brand Management
- Multichannel Marketing
- Information Technology
- Advocacy Relations
- Patients who engage with strong online communities
- Advocacy groups
What Your Peers Are Saying About ExL’s Past ePatient Connections Events
“Great insight and information!”
—Senior Marketing Manager, Medtronic
“Very engaging and passionate speakers with many diverse patient perspectives.”
“The conversations were very informative, and I took away ideas for engaging with patients more effectively.”
“Excellent discussions and great panel.”