GDPR Update for Global Organization – GDPR Update for Global Organization
GDPR has affected the way all business store, manage and communicate with their customers. This is no different from life science organizations who typically have more personal information than other types of organizations. GDPR was designed to better protect the personal data of individuals within the EU and set a precedent for data privacy and security. The regulation provides policy around any data that can be used to directly or indirectly identify a person, such as their name, photos, email addresses, bank details, posts on social networking websites, medical information, or a computer IP address.
This new regulation has two primary focuses:
- Protect and empower individuals with regard to data privacy; and
- Reshape how organizations approach data privacy.
This can cause a number of issues and concerns especially in a clinical trial setting where data is not only collected, but passed, sorted, and stored not just with the trial sponsor, but with its vendors.
Top Five Reasons to Attend
- Navigate GDPR from a global perspective to ensure intelligible consent
- Establish a strong internal and external SOP to ensure compliance
- Learn documentation and right to access standards
- Ensure all new data systems are designed and implemented to ensure privacy by design
- Preparing for potential data breaches or concerns
Who Should Attend
This conference is designed for Life Sciences professionals with responsibilities in:
- Data Protection/ Privacy
- Compliance/ Legal
- Regulatory Affairs
- Regulatory Submissions
- Regulatory Operations
- Data Governance/ Control
- Data Security
- Clinical Development
- Clinical Operations